14 Benefits of Shared Office Space for Remote Workers
Remote Work Predicted to Expand in Coming Years
Now that pandemic lockdowns are behind us, organizations are increasingly pushing workers to return to office space. Yet, significant numbers of remote workers remain—and at much higher numbers than before the pandemic. Prior to the pandemic, around 6% of professional workers worked remotely some or all the time. By the end of this year, a study by Upwork predicts that upwards of 25% of professional workers will be remote.
There are numerous reasons this is the case. First, technology advancements, such as cloud computing, video conferencing, project management, and collaboration tools, make it easier for workers to work from anywhere. Second, having seen that most workers are more productive when allowed to work remotely, at least some of the time, companies are more open to remote workers. They can attract and retain top talent better while improving work-life balance for employees. Finally, the shift to remote work that occurred during the pandemic is difficult to eliminate altogether. Workers who demonstrate an aptitude to remain engaged, productive, collaborative, and creative when working remotely will be afforded greater remote-work flexibility.
Identifying the Benefits of Shared Office Space for Remote Workers
Despite these advancements and the benefits of remote work, there are still some challenges that remote workers may face. Shared office spaces like Davinci Meeting Rooms can help to mitigate these challenges by providing a physical space for remote workers to work, as well as access to office amenities, collaboration opportunities and a sense of community.
Following are 14 benefits of shared office space for remote workers:
1. Access to office amenities and technology: Shared office spaces provide remote workers with access to office amenities and technology, such as high-speed internet, printing facilities and conference rooms, which can help them stay productive and efficient. When choosing a shared office space, it is important to evaluate the shared office provider to verify the shared office space comes with the amenities and technologies you require.
2. Collaboration and networking opportunities: Shared office spaces provide a physical space for remote workers to collaborate and network with other professionals, which can lead to the formation of new partnerships and business opportunities. Research shows that professionals need face-to-face interactions in addition to virtual interactions with other professionals.
3. Professional environment: Shared office spaces offer a professional and productive environment that can be beneficial for remote workers who may otherwise work from home in a less structured setting. When sharing an office space with other professionals, it is important that businesses and professionals abide by certain shared office etiquette.
4. Sense of community: Shared office spaces provide a sense of community for remote workers, which can be beneficial for those who may feel isolated working from home.
5. Increased motivation: Shared office spaces can provide a sense of accountability and motivation for remote workers, as they are in a shared environment with other professionals who are also working towards their goals.
6. Professional image: Shared office spaces can help remote workers present a professional image to clients and business partners, as they have a physical address and access to meeting rooms and other office amenities.
7. Access to support: Shared office spaces often have on-site staff that can provide support and assistance with administrative tasks, which can be beneficial for remote workers who may not have access to these resources while working from home.
8. Increased productivity: Shared office spaces can help increase productivity for remote workers, as they provide a dedicated space for work, free from distractions and interruptions. Yet, at the same time, it is important to ensure remote work fatigue doesn’t become a mitigating factor
9. Cost savings: Shared office spaces offer cost savings for remote workers as they provide access to office amenities, such as conference rooms, printing facilities, and internet access, without the need to invest in expensive equipment or rent a traditional office space.
10. Increased flexibility: Shared office spaces offer flexible working arrangements, including hourly and daily rentals, which can be beneficial for remote workers who may need a physical workspace on an as-needed basis.
11. Increased motivation: Shared office spaces can provide a sense of accountability and motivation for remote workers, as they are in a shared environment with other professionals who are also working towards their goals.
12. Professional image: Shared office spaces can help remote workers present a professional image to clients and business partners, as they have a physical address and access to meeting rooms and other office amenities.
13. Escape loneliness: Research shows that remote workers can get lonely and they need time with other professionals to recharge and gain a greater sense of community. For example, 8 out of 10 workers aged 18 to 34 indicated in a survey that they would have cause for concern they would become lonely if they worked remotely.
14. Foster better manager-worker relationships: One recent survey found that 66% of businesses do not trust their workers to work remotely. A shared office environment can foster better trust between managers and workers, whether through actual face time or via managers knowing their workers spend time in a office space a specified amount of time—either with work colleagues or with professionals from other companies.
Boosting Productivity, Engagement, and More
Remote work has become a more prevalent trend in recent years and is expected to continue growing even after the pandemic, but with it comes certain challenges for remote workers. Shared office spaces like Davinci Meeting Rooms can provide a solution for remote workers by providing access to office amenities, collaboration opportunities, a sense of community, and much more. Such benefits include access to office amenities and technology, collaboration and networking opportunities, a professional environment, sense of community, increased motivation, professional image, access to support, increased productivity, cost savings, increased flexibility and more. Remote workers can leverage these benefits to boost productivity and overcome challenges associated with remote work.